I have an extra lot to be thankful for this year. Of course there’s Hubby, still my best friend ever after 35 years together – he’s been especially great this week. And two incredible, intelligent, strong children who are off on their own, supporting themselves.
And I’m thankful that Rebel Ink Press and I found each other and that they are publishing my seventh work with them on December 17 – Nowhere for Christmas.
This year in addition, my best sister’s (okay only sister’s) son, my wonderful nephew got married this week to his partner in New York where they’re intelligent enough not to bar two people who love each other from getting married.
Logan Ford and Robert Reynolds
Samantha Honeycutt – Stage Manager, Franny Civitano – Actress (and wedding officiant), Laura Ford – Niece and College Student
But since this is my blog–this year I’m most grateful of all that in the fall I took on the sidewalk of NY three hours before the wedding –
- That Samantha was there to take over and handle everything – she really looked after me
- For all the New Yorkers who stopped to check on us, especially the man that saw me go down and called 911 then stayed until the ambulance arrived – I hope his brother is okay
- I did not shatter my glasses and get glass in my eye
- I did not break either wrist
- The small bone I did break in my left hand is already healing
- My ribs are only sore, nothing broken that pierced a lung
- My knee is only abraised
- And that the wedding was so soon after the fall, the eye didn’t have time to blacken to its present glory.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!