I’ve been tagged by the wonderful Cindy Holby to take place in this fun meme where we talk about what we’re working on and then tag another author. So here goes!
1) What is the working title of your next book?
Homecoming came out in December, so I’m taking a five minute break before diving into the next one.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
This one is different for me. I normally write Sci Fi/Paranormal romance, but this idea came to me when I had to clean out my parents’ house after they were gone. Quite cathartic.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
This one is contemporary women’s fiction. Who knew?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Josh Duhamel look the parts, but I can’t say I’ve seen them in anything like this.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Ashley didn’t expect to find anything of worth in her grandmother’s old house.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
My book is published by the wonderful people at Rebel Ink Press!
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Less than a year, but not a lot less.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
This isn’t my normal genre so I’m just not sure. It’s a category I need to explore more.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My parents were children of the Depression and never threw anything away. The problem was I didn’t know what was important and what wasn’t when it came time to clean everything out – it was a nightmare going through a household of their treasurers without that knowledge. I know I screwed up in some areas.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
It’s a story of facing old demons and seeing that you really are as strong as you pretend to be, especially knowing there’s that one person at your back when you need them.
Time to tag! I’m tagging Nancy Badger who is one of my writing mentors and heroes.